Diving Emergency Management Provider Program (DEMP)Error fetching: cURL error 28: Operation timed out after 3011 milliseconds with 0 bytes received
It is a rare event when a dive emergency is a single event. More often than not, separate small problems compound to create a larger problem.
Divers and dive professionals interested in understanding first aid care for dive emergencies can now take the Diving Emergency Management Provider course from a DAN Instructor. This single program integrates the knowledge and skills from several DAN Training Programs into an eight-hour program.
The Diving Emergency Management Provider course includes:
- Basic Life Support: CPR and First Aide
- First Aid for Hazardous Marine Life Injuries
- On Site Neurological Assessment
- Emergency Oxygen for Scuba Diving Injuries
After reviewing the skills and knowledge development portions of this program, the students then participate in an integrated scenario where they get the opportunity to bring together all of the skills they learned in each of the segments into a single scenario.
If you also hold:
- a rescue-level certification or higher with your training agency
- current CPR and first aid certifications
- you will qualify to be certified as a Diving Emergency Specialist
This program is open to any diver. To receive this recognition, submit your application directly to DAN Training with photocopies of all the required certifications and the $20 application fee.
DES recognition includes a:
- plastic Diving Emergency Specialist certification card
- DES certificate
- DES shoulder patch
As a DES recognized diver, you will also receive:
- invitations to preview future DAN Online Seminars before they are released to public at no charge
- a coupon good for 10% off oxygen units or accessories